Monday, October 7, 2013

New years resolutions

As I think about life goals, I remembered that I had a rather large but small goal to take one picture a day for 365 days. I made it almost two months, which would be approximately 60 pictures. Then time got away from me, or life got in the way, or really - I just got lazy and unmotivated. 

Life got in the way or Time got in the way is a poor excuse for not taking the 10 seconds out of my day to take a picture. Sure, I included a little blurb to make the reflection piece more meaningful, but if we do not have the time to reflect in life than we are far too busy for our own good. 

Though I am disappointed, I made it farther than I thought. I also realize that in this moment. I still have time to continue and make it to the finish line. My goal was to complete 365 days, making my finish line December 31st. All I know is that I was most happy when I was taking time to enjoy the little things and reflect what was going on around me.

I may not finish first. Hell, I know I won't reach my full goal. All I know is that right now, not giving up and throwing in the towel is more important to me. I need to take more time out of life to focus on something other than work. 

So here goes nothing, hopefully I can finish the race - even if I'm not finishing first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment