Friday, January 4, 2013

And just like the movie, we play out our last scene


I am notorious for having never seen some pretty critically acclaimed films. At least, that was up until 4 months ago. After my co-workers became sick of my antics, they decided to make a list of their top 5 movies - a list to which I agreed to watch that I had not seen prior to exiting my position in May. Out of 12 people, and 60 possible movies...I had not seen 40...

It's now 4 months later and I have watched about half. I am very quickly approaching my goal and will likely finish long before May gets here. The most exciting part of this for me is that although I do not necessarily like all of the films people have recommended, I have learned more about them as individuals than anyone could guess. You can tell a lot about a person based upon what type of films they enjoy. From the pace of the film, to the extent of the plot, to even the decade the film was produced. From old westerns, to 90's classics - the spectrum is endless.

Others have also taken me up on offers of completing challenges and are making lists of their own. I cannot wait to begin to get to know those people better as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment