Thursday, January 3, 2013

Not my gumdrop buttons!


Today's photo is a craft that I have been working on. Each semester, I have to make door decorations for my student staff. Upon being reminded that I need to do this by a twitter post, I was stumped for ideas. At this point in time, I was still home for break and was in the process of organizing/donating/packing things that I still have left at my parents house. I looked over and found a jar of buttons that I had purchased from one of my aunt's at a family garage sale years ago. I had never done anything with them and had no better ideas, so I figured I would create some button art and spell out the first initial of each staff members names. This photo is my favorite one by far.

It takes me back to last spring when I had a student very forwardly tell me that if I was to ever be successful in my profession that I needed to add a personal touch, and very clearly indicated that they felt I did not do that. I resisted any urge to defend myself and simply stated, "if that's what you truly think, then you do not know me at all." I feel as if I have been working diligently since that very day to prove them wrong. This photo reflects that effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment